I've created a slider plugin that responds directly to css input

mercoledì 22 febbraio 2017 - 06.56
Tag Elenco Tags  CSS 2.1  |  CSS 3.0

richardwalter Profilo | Newbie

Hello Friends,

It's called 'Block-slider' not very original I know, I've never been very good at naming things, anyway there's thousands of very capable sliders out in the wild, and in many cases sliders are not great in terms of UX and conversion yada yada..

On a project I was working on however I had a very specific use case, but one that I've come across numerous times..

We had a list of company logos, companies our client has worked with - there's 9 of them in total, that number could increase or decrease via the CMS and rather than put them tiled layout, I wanted them to all remain on a single row and not to tile at smaller screens.

This has a few issues
At very small screens the logos will be too small
We can't set % width columns that will fit on a single row without knowing the number of items.
So I built this slider that enables this.
You can use CSS to dictate how many logos to be visible in the screen at any given moment using media querys and % widths on the items - if you have 12 items and you set the width to 25% you will have 4 visible items, with a total of 3 slides.
You can alternatively use whatever responsive grid system you are using on the items to set the widths.

The slider slides one item at a time as opposed to an entire slide. On a screen resize event the slider resets to the beginning and readjusts to the new item dimensions.

About Me:
I'm new in this forum, I am a consultant and have worked with multiple firms
You can check http://blog.advids.co/20-b2b-business-explainer-videos-awesome/ one of my work.
Partecipa anche tu! Registrati!
Hai bisogno di aiuto ?
Perchè non ti registri subito?

Dopo esserti registrato potrai chiedere
aiuto sul nostro Forum oppure aiutare gli altri

Consulta le Stanze disponibili.

Registrati ora !
Copyright © dotNetHell.it 2002-2017
Running on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, SQL Server 2012 & ASP.NET 3.5